Friday 3 May 2013

Vintage Linen Box

Remember yesterday I posted about revamping and had made a start on cleaning an old wooden "bath box".

Well that dirty old box ......


Has had a new lease of life.....


I've made a lovely new padded top for it and painted it nice and white.  It's soooooo beautiful but : (  (sad face) I don't think I am keeping it I think it will be going to the shumble sale.  And the other box that I had finished has already gone to a new home too!

On a brighter note I put some bids in at the auction yesterday and managed to win 5 of the lots which we picked up today in my lunch break.
(Here's one of the boxes)

I haven't really managed to have a good look at what I bought but have managed to spruce some vintage cutlery up which was looking dirty and tarnished.
(Made by Christopher Johnson & Co in Sheffield)
 
And I found an old mould right at the bottom.....

Have a good bank holiday for those in the UK and a fab weekend to everyone x x x

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, your bath box turned out nice and you sure got some nice things in the auction! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means a lot hun, thanks x Its a bit addictive though I'm getting a bit of a collection.

      Delete