Sunday 24 February 2013

A quick catch-up

Well hello there, I though I would just catch-up with you before I got sidetracked and started something else!

In my last post I had been doing a bit of baking and I had made some anzac biscuits for my works "bake off" that we were all taking part in for Comic Relief.

There have been 3 categories that we could put ourselves forward for - Scones, biscuits and tray bakes.  I only entered the biscuit category but out of 9 entrants I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I was judged the star baker!

I have always dreamt of having my own little wool shop one day with a small cafe to one side serving all the old favourites just like your grandma used to make. Last week I made Lemon Drizzle cake and it was utterly delicious.  This week I have made..........

Blueberry muffins.  When I went to my local supermarket this afternoon they had some packs of blueberries that were reduced to 29p - well enough said I could hardly refuse!

The recipe was from Lucy's blog at Attic24 and they were AmaZing.
 
Last week I also managed to finish my pram blanket - ta dah.......
 


 
 
I am very happy with the finished blanket and the baby who it is for was born on the day it was finished - I had also edged it with the turquoise blue not knowing that the baby was a boy!
 
We are still making slow progress with the new house - no more rooms finished but we have bought the paint and wallpaper so again watch this space.
 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy, great blog post, love the blanket and the baked goods. I noticed you had my blog on your blog list so I added yours to mine!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa, that means a lot. I have been blogging for a while now but don't seem to be increasing my followers! I have been dipping in and out of your blog for a while now and love all your glassware, your house is amazing and love your little dolls house x x x

      Delete