Monday 9 July 2012

I Love Lists!

Well after yesterday's post I was feeling really motivated and ready to tackle the world.  So this morning after the rainy school run I set to and started to tick off the items on 'the dreaded list'.

We went food shopping yesterday and bought lots of yummy fresh fruit and veg.  Just recently we have been very busy and seem to have been throwing away food that has gone off.  So I made a meal plan and bought what we needed.

This morning I have managed to make tea (sausage casserole), tomorrow's tea (corned beef hash) as I am doing a 12 hr shift at work, a slimming world tomato and mixed bean soup and a yummy scrummy courgette cake.     Everything looks and smells soooooo gooooood.

Corned beef hash just finished cooking in the pan - I know its summer but with all the rain and rubbish weather it's just so nice to have.

Courgette cake; I got the recipe from my friends mum and so glad I have made it, my hubby and kids love homemade baking x
You can just about see the courgette, dried fruit and walnuts - my hubby has already demolished this slice!

And after all the cooking I treated myself to 30 minutes of crochet time - a friend on facebook posted a pattern for a lovely baby blanket.  It looked all colourful and snuggly and I decided to have a go.  I bought some wool at Christmas that I was keeping for something special (I was thinking a Lucy blanket of some description).

Here's what it looks like so far - I'm not sure I like it, I like the pattern don't get me wrong but somehow the wool doesn't look snuggly enough if you know what I mean.  I did plan on backing it with fleece but still not sure.   Here's a link to the original post and pattern by mooglyblog.com.  Let me know what you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment